For our client, a global IT and Consulting services company, we are looking for a SAP Basis Consultant for a contract position.
Location: Reading, UK
Duration: 3 months
Responsibilities:- Must have good knowledge of SAP system landscape and the role played by various systems, clients and transport mechanism in the landscape.
- Ability to perform due diligence collecting the right set of information from customers and documenting it.
- Assist in creating solution proposals, rough effort estimates, assist in designing client, landscape strategy documents or deciding the approach for support pack upgradation.
- Able to guide a team.
- Having the knowledge of the quality processes and also guide the team in using the various quality tools.
- Able to track SLA compliance and follow escalation matrix insupport projects.
- Should have at least 2 - 4 years of SAP experience in Basis administration.
- Experience in database and OS administration would be added advantage.
- Local and remote client copy with relevant copy profile, configuring client role, STMS configuration including setting TMS domain, transport layers, transport target etc.
- Database monitoring/administration including backup management, index creation, tablespace management.
- Troubleshooting including SAP system startup problems, work process issues, lock administration.
- Basic knowledge of WAS architecture, basic WAS J2EE administration including J2EEprocess overview, deploying files using SDM.
- Applying and troubleshooting all ABAP patches, kernel upgradation, applying J2EE patches.
- Creating users/rolesusing UME, SAP instance/default profile administration